Okonkwo Explains Arsenal departure

  Arsenal youngster Arthur Okonkwo has spoken about his decision to leave the club.

The 22-year-old has been attracting interest from several teams after a promising spell at Wrexham.

While the lower league club are hoping to secure him permanently, Okonkwo is not short on offers.

“It's been an incredible journey, from joining at the age of eight, I'm now 22 and I've been there for 15 years which has been brilliant because I've worked with amazing people, from the academy to the first-team," he said of Arsenal to The Mirror.

“It's a bittersweet moment because I have to start a new chapter as I've had so many great years at Arsenal but, in the last two years, I need to keep playing and carry on my journey.

“I'm still really ambitious to play at international level. I can still play for England or Nigeria and I've not made a choice yet."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liverpool’s first bid for player rejected – Agent plans meeting with club as transfer heats up

Arsenal receive a boost ahead of their title deciding match against Everton

Some people underrate Him because He is not in Man city team but I must confess He is a good passer of the ball than De Bruyne and Rodri but fans will never appreciate Him now’: Jamie Carragher says Arsenal has that ONE player who’s currently doing wonders for the team